Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Janet's first post

so it's me... Janet! I'm finally learning how to do this. Steve made this blog over 2 years ago, and I am just now learning how to post. yay for me!

I'm stealing the "getting to know you" marriage thing off all of my friends' blogs... so here's everything you would want to know about me and Steve and more ....

The history of us:

1. Where did you meet your husband?

We met at Ricks college (when it was still called Ricks). He was in my ward when I was 18 and fresh out of High school. He was a big, bad RM. Some of his roommates were my family home evening bros. and Steve and I became best friends.

2. What was the first thing you said to your husband?

I don't remember... we don't even remember the first time we officially met. We remember a couple of encounters, but don't remember which was first. It was either in my apartment or just outside of it.

3. Where was your first date?

He asked me to the Homecoming dance. He and his roommates blindfolded us (me and the other dates) and drove us to some caves (I got so car sick) ... then we had a hot dog roast there and then went to the dance.

4. Where was your first kiss?

Outside, halfway between his apartment and mine.

5. Did you have a long or short engagement/courtship?

Loooooooooooooooong. We dated off and on for 2 years and then had a 6 month engagement.

6. Where did you get engaged?

on his living room couch. :)... very romantic and creative!

7. Where did you get married?

Oakland, California Temple

8. How did your reception go?

Great!... fun. we had it at a reception center in Saratoga and had a line, then a program, shish-kabobs and chocolate dipped strawberries for food, and DANCING! that was a blast. Steve's little bro was the dj. great party.

9. The Honeymoon!

The first night we stayed in a cute little hotel in SJ, then a couple of days later we flew to San Diego. We stayed in this golf resort... so nice. The funniest thing about our trip was we went to the San Diego Zoo the first day and then the beach that afternoon and we both got FRIED!!! I was so sunburned i got sick... nice way to spend a honeymoon, eh? It turned into a great tan. We still had fun... I'd go back in a second... just me and Steve... no worries, no responsibilities... man, that was the life!

That was so fun... I could keep typing all night... there needs to be more questions :)

Now its your turn!!

9 comments:

Lyndsee Bates said...

YEAH!! This is so exciting and addicting too! It was fun to read about you guys going to Rick's I was there the summer it turned intop BYU-Idaho! I still call it Rick's and the YW look at me like I am old!! HAHA if they only knew! Thanks for sharing....and I look forward to seeing you post more Janet!
P.S. Tuesday I got pulled over for my State Emissions testing not being done. It expired back in October!! I was laughing so hard because you had just told your story that morning at Rachelle's and I thought to myself oh that stinks!!!! The cop was real nice and I just got a warning, lucky me! He even commented on how nice my car smelt and then after he saw my sticker he said do you sell candles? It was funny, I almost had a sell :) I personally think that we need to get reminders in the mail that it is expiring! But hey just so you remember great minds think alike right!

Heather Guymon said...

Welcome to the blogging world girl! I added your link to my page. I check blogs daily ha ha.

Rachel said...

How fun! Who knew you guys had a "secret" blog that we never knew about! Can't wait to read more!

Monson Family said...

Yeah!! I am glad you are participating now! It is so much fun! Even when you see the person frequently, it is fun to see the little events that you just don't talk about as much! Congrats for learning how to do it! WELCOME!!

Rachelle said...

Welcome to bloggerland. What a cute story! My computer won't let me watch your videos. I guess I have to install something. Just the picture of the elves cracked me up, though :-)

Shannon B said...

hey hey hey!!!! i am so excited you can do it now! see it's not too hard huh? i must answer those questions on my blog! how fun! trip down memory lane! hehe!

Julianne said...

Hey Janet! It's so fun to see you blogging! I certainly got to know you better through this post. :) Welcome to the blogging world--be careful--it's addicting!

Julianne :)

nikki said...

Hey Janet, Got your address from your Xmas letter! I just started blogging too not to long ago it is fun and addictive Steve will be stoked to check you guys out he misses Steve alot! Check us out at http://thefenskeguysandtheirgal.blogspot.com/

Gardner said...

Nice work Janet. It's also good to know the real story about you and Steve! ;-)

Hope you keep it up.