Music to my ears! Austin is my worst eater. If it's not milk or something sugary, don't even ask him to eat it! Dinner is the worst meal... he never wants to eat meat or vegetables. He's a huge milk drinker, so we've had to cut way back on his milk consumption so he will even think about eating what's for dinner. He's not even allowed to drink milk with meals anymore because he'll drink the milk and not touch his food. My big thing is that he gets one of everything on his plate, even if he doesn't touch it. I don't make him eat anything (tried that once and it backfired terribly). Well, one day about a month ago we got him to try broccoli by calling it a tree, so he tried a nibble and spit it out. Then this past Tuesday, we had chicken, rice, and broccoli for dinner. He started gobbling up his chicken and I, of course, had given him 1 piece of broccoli... not thinking he'd even touch it (he never does). All of a sudden Austin was saying, "More broccoli, please." He had eaten that first piece, so I gave him another piece and he ate it and he said it again... "More broccoli, please." "Music, sweet Music" (not only was he asking for more broccoli, he was asking with a please... added bonus). Anyways, I didn't say a thing, but just kicked Steve under the table and smiled! My plan was working (only after 6 months of trying)!! Now, of course, he wouldn't touch his dinner tonight, but our small little breakthrough the other night made it all worth it and it can carry me through "eatless" nights for the next couple of weeks! YAY AUSTIN!
Thursday, January 31, 2008
"More Broccoli, please"
Music to my ears! Austin is my worst eater. If it's not milk or something sugary, don't even ask him to eat it! Dinner is the worst meal... he never wants to eat meat or vegetables. He's a huge milk drinker, so we've had to cut way back on his milk consumption so he will even think about eating what's for dinner. He's not even allowed to drink milk with meals anymore because he'll drink the milk and not touch his food. My big thing is that he gets one of everything on his plate, even if he doesn't touch it. I don't make him eat anything (tried that once and it backfired terribly). Well, one day about a month ago we got him to try broccoli by calling it a tree, so he tried a nibble and spit it out. Then this past Tuesday, we had chicken, rice, and broccoli for dinner. He started gobbling up his chicken and I, of course, had given him 1 piece of broccoli... not thinking he'd even touch it (he never does). All of a sudden Austin was saying, "More broccoli, please." He had eaten that first piece, so I gave him another piece and he ate it and he said it again... "More broccoli, please." "Music, sweet Music" (not only was he asking for more broccoli, he was asking with a please... added bonus). Anyways, I didn't say a thing, but just kicked Steve under the table and smiled! My plan was working (only after 6 months of trying)!! Now, of course, he wouldn't touch his dinner tonight, but our small little breakthrough the other night made it all worth it and it can carry me through "eatless" nights for the next couple of weeks! YAY AUSTIN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That is so funny! I would never look at him and think he is a bad eater! Hannah is a TERRIBLE eater!!! She drives me nuts! She barely eats anything that is not in the form of a chicken nugget from McDonalds. ARGH!
Yeah for Austin!!!!! I didn't realize he was such a bad eater! I don't know if you have tried this but I got Syd to eat carrots, cucumbers etc by letting her dip them in ranch. I think that knocks the nutritional value down a tad, but at least they are eating it right? Wesley, well he is a different story. He sounds about as picky as Austy.
That is exciting. Broccoli is my favorite, try putting some cheese queso on it that is the best. Oh the things that excite us as Mom's!!!
That is SO wonderful! What a sweet little boy to even say please! Aren't food battles the worst!?! I find my girls eat more when they are helping me make the meal than they do actually eatting the meal. I always think, oh good they are going to love this. Then I cook it and they hardly touch it! Weird. So yeah Austin!
Congrats to Austin (and you)! Ellie eally like broccoli too, such a weird thing for kids to actually like!
Mmmm... brocoli.
It's actually become one of MY favorite veggies.
Austin is so funny. :)
yeah!!! I have huge picky eaters too (nice to see that someone else does too) I hope he keeps it up!
Sounds like Hannah.
Post a Comment