
I decided to take on the project of sewing matching pajama pants for my family this Christmas. I bought the material in October, but, as usual, was down to the wire with finishing them! My mom taught me to sew as a kid, but I haven't sewn anything as an adult (besides mending things), so it got interesting... from loading the bobbin in backwards to picking out seams, etc. Thank heavens my mom was here over Thanksgiving and Steve's mom was here right before Christmas or I wouldn't have gotten them finished!
So here we are... the camouflaged family!
(Luckily we snapped this picture Christmas Eve because Austin threw up in his bed that night and so he had on nice bright red pjs for Christmas morning)
9 comments:
It never fails SOMEONE is ALWAYS sick on Christmas. Brenna had a bad cold. She was miserable. At least no one threw up!
Love the Jammies!!! I wish I could say the quilts I was sewing for my kids for Christmas were finished. LOTS of work!! Ughhhh! I think you look so cute! I wish I could see them IRL, even if Austin's had a little bit of puke on them, it would be worth seeing you guys!
Love the PJs. So glad you were able to get them finished.
by the way... I like your title. I get it:)
so cute! I thought about making little night gowns for the girls...but didn't. Good job on finishing!
I'm very proud of you...what a huge project...did you do any baking along with the sewing????? the jammies are way cute.
-Suzie
So cute! What a huge project. I am totally impressed you were able to finish.
Poor pukey kid!!!! You did a great job with the pants though! glad you got your machine figured out!
Janet, hi...this is Julie (Lowe) Barb. I'm not sure if you remember me...I was Suzie and Karen't roommate at BYU for a year. This may seem totally random, but I found your blog on Suzie's blog and noticed that you live in the Austin area. Do you know anything about the following cities: Harker Heights, Killeen, Copperas Cove, Temple, Belton, Georgetown, Round Rock? My husband is considering taking a job in Harker Heights (51 miles north of Austin)...any honest info would be helpful. Thanks... You have a beautiful family:)
Post a Comment